Thursday 25 July 2024

Not Queen Mary's Dolls' House

I was watching an article about the magnificent Queen Mary's Dolls' House in Windsor Castle.  Wow it's amazing and it's 100 years old this year.  There are film clips on YouTube if you are interested.

I've been working on my Dolls' House for some time now, I've had it for about 20 years, and I hope you like the photos.  It's a Christmas Cottage and Mr & Mrs Darcy live their with their children and servants.  There is still a bit of work to do in the house when I get the time.


My Dolls' House.


All the rooms in the Dolls' House.


Mrs Darcy all dressed up ready to go out.


Mrs Darcy's bedroom.


Mr Darcy and son in the loungeroom.


Mrs Patmore in the kitchen.


Daisy the maid setting the dinner table.
The staircase is missing from this room as it is being repaired.


I'm still waiting for the cutlery to arrive in the post.


Christmas presents under the tree.


More Christmas presents on the sofa.


Children playing in their bedroom.


Nanny getting the bath ready for the children.
I've bought water bubble beads for the bath to look more like bubble bath.
They are still in the post.

There are still gaps and spaces in my Dolls' House and there are no 
lights, floor coverings or wallpaper yet.
There is still so much to do, but there is no rush.  


Queen Mary and her Dolls' House in Windsor Castle.
Thank you Google for the picture.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to go home. Good bye Adelaide.

 Farewell to Adelaide. The Old Tollhouse at the beginning of the Adelaide Hills. The Heysen Tunnels. The road was really quiet with no traff...